Cool ideas for a party with the ladies from Celebrations at Home – Chocolate Tasting Party.
Well, I can’t think of a better way to spend an afternoon than with some awesome girl friends, champagne, and chocolate. Can you? I hosted this chocolate tasting party for some gal pals and I’m sharing all the details, plus a wonderful palate cleansing cheese shortbread cracker recipe.
- Use chalkboards and brown packing paper to create the tasting table. Adding handwritten notes on the paper tablecloth.
- Adding tasting scorecards for each guest to write notes and pick their favourite treat.
- The chalkboard sign on the table serves as the directive for truffle tasting order.
- Since nuts and fruit go so well together – especially in chocolate – pair these nut lovers truffles with an assortment of dried fruit. Dried mango, apricots, pineapple, and raisins in the center of the table for guests.
- In order to offset all that sweetness, I made cheese-pecan shortbread crackers. These were a nice palate cleanser between tastings, as well as a savory break when needed. I’m a huge fan of alternating between sweet and savory nibbles.
- And of course, champagne is the only thing to serve with truffles!
Read the whole article on this party at Celebrations at Home.